Mindfulness is the practice of purposely focusing your attention on the present moment—and accepting it without judgment. Mindfulness is now being examined scientifically and has been found to be a key element in happiness.
Professor emeritus Jon Kabat-Zinn, founder and former director of the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, helped to bring the practice of mindfulness meditation into mainstream medicine and demonstrated that practicing mindfulness can bring improvements in both physical and psychological symptoms as well as positive changes in health attitudes and behaviors.
The benefits of mindfulness are widely recorded and not only benefit our mental well-being but also our physical and emotional well-being also. Here are some of the benefits;
- Increasing your capacity for mindfulness supports many attitudes that contribute to a satisfied life.
- Being mindful makes it easier to savor the pleasures in life as they occur, helps you become fully engaged in activities, and creates a greater capacity to deal with adverse events.
- By focusing on the here and now, many people who practice mindfulness find that they are less likely to get caught up in worries about the future or regrets over the past, are less preoccupied with concerns about success and self-esteem, and are better able to form deep connections with others.
- Physically being mindful will help relieve stress, lower blood pressure, reduce chronic pain, improve sleep and even alleviate gastrointestinal difficulties
- Mentally being mindful will help improve symptoms of depression, substance abuse, eating disorders, conflicts and anxiety disorders
Each course will run in blocks of 4 weeks continuously for the year and each block will cost €48, payable in advance to secure your place.
Each session is about 1 hour with a maximum of 8 participants per session. Mindfulness sessions run everY at 10am and 7pm here at the Just Be clinic.
The next block begins on Monday, 17th September 2018. You can book your place and prepay here online
Larger sessions can be organised at your workplace or event on request.
© 2016 Just Be Holistic Therapies Limerick.
Get in touch
Please get in touch,
I’d love to hear from you.
T: 086 896 8409
Monday: 10am - 11am
Thursday: 7pm - 8pm
Tuesday: 1.30pm - 4.30pm & 5.30pm - 7.30pm
Wednesday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 12.30pm & 5.30pm - 7.30pm