Coping with Anxiety
No matter who you are or where you live on the planet at the moment, we are all dealing with the Coronavirus. I’m a ‘half glass full’ type of person and when chatting to my Mum the other day, I mentioned to her ‘you’ve been through worse, you were a child during the war’. She replied, ‘No Yvonne, during the war we had food rationing, but we could socialise and we felt safe’. This floored me because she was right, our safey is threatened at the present and we are seperated from our loved ones. But only if we do not follow the strict advice we’ve been given by the government. We have control over washing our hands and remaining 2 metrers apart. Think about what you can control at the moment, and your thoughts are one thing you can definitely control.
However, that’s not to say that people aren’t feeling it and anxiety levels are up there, so I’ve decided to share some of my top tips for dealing with anxiety with you.
1. Find a quiet, comfy place to sit or lie down. Play some quiet, relaxing music.
2. Breath in through your nose for 4 seconds
3. Hold for 4 seconds
4. Exhale through your mouth for 4 seconds
5. Hold for 4 seconds
6. Repeat at least 3 times.
7. Feel your heartbeat or pulse. Really focus on it by counting the beats for about 30 seconds
8. Let go of any tension you are holding in your body, starting with your head, jaw, face, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, abdomen, back, digestive organs, hips, legs, feet, right down to you tippy toes.
9. Let go some more….
10. Let go even more… and just rest for a moment.
This exercise can last as long as you wish but try for at least 10 minutes x 3 times a day until you find your natural rhytm and what works for you. Set yourself a daily plan of things to do in a safe way for you and your family. Get outside in the garden, read that book you’ve always wanted to read, make a jigsaw (my current activity with my Mum), play games, sing, dance, cook…
And, last but not least, if you need to chat, call someone or give me a call/message on 0868968409. Let’s stay connected!
Love & Light
#justbreathe #justbelieve #justbe