Fulfilment from a daily routine
So I hope you are all keeping well and apologies I haven’t been in touch for some time. Like alot of you, the struggle is real at the moment. As a family, we are going through an exceptionally tough time with my Mum. Long story short, she’s been in and out of hospital and has decided on medical advise it’s time for a nursing home. Of course we are devastated but know this is the safest and most comfortable option for my Mum going forward. However, Nursing Homes are not taking any admissions at the moment due to the treat of Covid-19. To add to this distress, we can’t visit her in hospital and don’t know how long this will go on for. We are very concerned about her welfare as you can imagine even though we are doing all we can but feel so helpless.
Everyone you talk to at the moment has a story and there is lots of positivity too, with people caring for each other and finding new ways of staying connected via the internet. However, ultimately we need to care for ourselves first and foremost. It’s not always just about the kids or our aging parents. We must have a purpose each day and that, simple as it sounds, comes down to having a daily fullfiling routine.
So here are some suggestions for a daily routine to help you feel fulfilled if you’ve lost your way. You decide the order but the basics are very important.
- Get up at the same time everyday
- Exercise or go for a walk within the 2km guidelines.
- Have a hearty breakfast and tidy the kitchen
- Get washed and dressed for the day regardless of what the day holds
- Make your bed and tidy your bedroom ready for a peaceful sleep tonight.
- Call someone for a chat or if you have young kids, you might need to home school them.
- Next do the things you have to do such as laundry, shopping, preparing meals, pay bills, or declutter. Do the hardest job first and ease into lunchtime.
- For the afternoon, do something you enjoy such as reading, drawing/painting, singing, dancing, gardening, jigsaw or crafts. Whatever brings you joy.
- Dinner/Tea time followed by a quick tidy up before chilling.
- Socialise with friends/family on a video chat while enjoying a coffee or drink.
- Watch TV or catch up on Movies or box sets.
- Enjoy some personal care such as a bath, facial, manicure, pedicure, or meditate. Meditainment are offering free app downloads on https://www.meditainment.com/
- Go to bed at the same time every night.
I have found keeping a daily routine has helped me cope with the stress of my Mum. To be fair, the weather has helped and we’ve made progress in the garden. If you recall, the garden was one of my visulisations for 2020, the new patio is done, topsoil has arrived and the planting has commenced. Now to watch it grow, I’ll keep you posted on the progress.
For now sending you all lots of love and light
I am so excited to introduce Baby Michael, a very, very welcomed new arrival in these stange times. Congratulations to Mum and Dad who have been waiting for you a long time and I know they are besotted with you.
I love receiving all your messages, so please keep them coming and remember I’m here to support you too while the clinic is closed if you need anything. Call/text 0868968409.